Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Error when trying to delete picklist value

Highlighted
Zuora Staff

Error when trying to delete picklist value

Problem: I'm trying to delete a picklist values called 'delete field' and I get the message "You can not delete an existing picklist option" 

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 5.05.53 PM.png

It has been used on this account here: 

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 5.08.03 PM.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zuora Staff

Answer: Once the picklist has been used you can not remove the value from the picklist dropdown - The behavior you observed is actually the current design. There is already a feature enhancement request in our community about it and the status of it is "Under Consideration".

http://community.zuora.com/t5/Admin-Settings-Ideas/Ability-to-delete-old-invalid-values-from-pick-li...

Workaround: You can click the Edit button in the custom field detail page, click the value you want to edit and then click on the pencil sign to edit the value. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 5.07.01 PM.png

View solution in original post

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Zuora Staff

Answer: Once the picklist has been used you can not remove the value from the picklist dropdown - The behavior you observed is actually the current design. There is already a feature enhancement request in our community about it and the status of it is "Under Consideration".

http://community.zuora.com/t5/Admin-Settings-Ideas/Ability-to-delete-old-invalid-values-from-pick-li...

Workaround: You can click the Edit button in the custom field detail page, click the value you want to edit and then click on the pencil sign to edit the value. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 5.07.01 PM.png

View solution in original post

Tags (3)