Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Electronic Refund issue after updating Expired Credit Card

QUESTION: 

I just tried to refund a client's payment however the card had expired. After updating the expiration date I tried to run the refund again. It keeps giving me an error that the card is expired even though I updated it. Is there any way we can process this refund? 

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Electronic Refund issue after updating Expired Credit Card

RESPONSE:

When you perform a refund in Zuora, the system references the payment information used from the original payment transaction. Therefore, even if you change the expiration date in Zuora, it will not supersede the original payment information. This is why you are still seeing a card expired error after updating the expiration date.

At this point, you can perform a non-referenced refund directly with your payment gateway. In this case, you must enter the credit card information and perform a refund (a refund may also be referred to as a "credit" by some gateways). A non-referenced refund or credit is a refund transaction that does not use the credit card information from the original payment transaction. When performing a refund outside of Zuora (such as creating a refund directly in the gateway's virtual terminal), remember to reflect that refund within Zuora as an external refund.

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √