Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Declined Payment Email Notification not always going out past 1st Decline

QUESTION:

We have an email notification which is set to send the Declined Payment email 5 times (SEE SCREENSHOT). Yet, it doesn't always seem to send beyond the initial declined payment.

Notification_Declined Past First Attempt.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Declined Payment Email Notification not always going out past 1st Decline

SOLUTION:

The Event Parameter "Sequence of failed attempt" set to 5 actually means that the notification will trigger on the 5th consecutive failed attempt, not trigger everyday up to 5 days. Once the customer's payment attempts reach the 5th consecutive failure, the notification will trigger.

If you would like a notification to trigger for each consecutive failed attempt, you will have to create an individual notification for each failed attempt.

EXAMPLE: If you would like a notification to trigger each time the payment fails (up to 3 consecutive payment attempts) you will have to create 3 separate notifications: one for each failed payment attempt.

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 12.08.07 PM.png

And for each notification you will set the "Sequence of failed attempt" as follows:

• "ATTEMPT1" - "Sequence of failed attempt" = 1
  • "ATTEMPT2" - "Sequence of failed attempt" = 2
  • "ATTEMPT3" - "Sequence of failed attempt" = 3

SOURCES:

Create and Edit Notifications: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/BB_Introducing_Z_Business/Notifications/C_Create_Notifications

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √