Happy Business Starts Here

Custom Invoice Template summarize by product category

Hello,

One of my customer wants to generate invoice as per below attached screenshot. Please let me know how this can configured. 

They would like to show invoice item details, tax and summary by product category (custom field on product object)

As I know, I cannot use invoice items table more than once; not sure if this can be solved with nested tables?

If nested table to be used, 

1) Do I need to populate product group custom field value on invoice item object?
2) Can we show invoice items and summary in a different pages per each product group?

If anyone has created similar template/example please share.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Custom Invoice Template summarize by product category

Unfortunately you can’t use or display custom fields on the product or rate plan object on the invoice template. I’d love to understand WHY this is so :-)
However, you CAN use custom fields on the rate plan charge.
Are all the products in the same subscription?

Thanks. However I have not been able to add rate plan charge object custom field inside invoice item merge table. It was throwing invalid field on invoice item.

BTW, How do you reference or which merge field can be used to insert rate plan charge object custom field inside invoice table.

Zuora Staff

Sorry guys but custom fields on the rate plan charge are NOT viewable in the invoice template. Only subscription or account custom fields. The invoice item can have a custom field which can be displayed BUT there is no inheritiance from the rate plan charge. If workflow is available you could have a workflow that copies custom fields from the rate plan charge to the invoice item but I don't know how practical that is with your use case and customer.

Highlighted

Thanks, Richard