Happy Business Starts Here

Creating a CM against the remaining invoice balance, the CM screen still show full invoice amount?

Shelly
Zuora Support

Creating a CM against the remaining invoice balance, the CM screen still show full invoice amount?

There is a subscription with product billed annually in advanced, customer is invoiced. Then, customer cancels the subscription prior to the end of the term.

Shelly_0-1617229885036.png

Bill-Run is generated, which creates a credit memo for the remaining term that the customer was billed. The CM is applied to the balance of the invoice.

Shelly_1-1617229885037.png

Shelly_2-1617229885037.png

When creating a credit memo against the remaining balance, the credit memo still shows the full amount available to credit versus the expected amount of (Invoice- CM generated and applied via bill run)?

Shelly_3-1617229885038.png

Answer:

"Available to credit" is to track the credit created from the invoice, not the remaining balance. So, it shouldn't be $205.48 which is the remaining balance. Since the credit memo is created from cancelled subscription instead of 'created from invoice', it's expected to have 'available to credit' $1000.

For more details refer to below link:

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √