Happy Business Starts Here

Student

Conditional Logic on Invoice Templates upload error - Fields aren't defined correctly.

Hi,

I am tryng to  use Conditional Logic  (IF) to display a table or nothing   on the Invoice template . In my table, i have those fields :«Account.AccountNumber», «Invoice.Sequential_Invoice_Number__c» ( custom field) ,«Invoice.DueDate»,«Invoice.Total».

The upload fail with the following message:

Field: <<Account.AccountNumber>> is not defined correctly.

or«Invoice.Sequential_Invoice_Number__c» is not defined correctly.

or «Invoice.DueDate»is not defined correctly.

or «Invoice.Total»is not defined correctly.

Can you please help?

Regardes,

Nadia ABDOU

4 REPLIES 4
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Conditional Logic on Invoice Templates upload error - Fields aren't defined correctly.

Hi @ABDOU, it's hard to say where the error is stemming from without seeing the full invoice template itself. Could you screenshot the part of the conditional IF statement as well as the area where you are inserting the account, and custom invoice fields?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Student

Re: Conditional Logic on Invoice Templates upload error - Fields aren't defined correctly.

Hi,

You will find  the screen shot attached.

Thank you for your help.

Conditionnel IF.PNG

Student

Hello,

I allow to boost you because we need an urgent answer.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Nadia

Zuora Support Moderator

Just to close the loop to this in case folks are curious in the future...

The reason why the error came up was because the IF statement where this table was being used needs to be enclosed in quotes in order to work:

templatequotes.png

Once those were added, the invoice template could load without issue.

I believe the customer went with an alternative option (without needing to display the table); good luck testing, folks!

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √