Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Support Moderator

Chase Payment receives M1 - Merchant Override Decline

I got this error message when trying to process a credit card payment, what does the error message mean?

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Chase Payment receives M1 - Merchant Override Decline

This is a "Merchant Override Decline" returned directly by Chase. According to their  Virtual user guide, this is based on their "Merchant Selectable Response (MSR)" solution, see page 116:

The Merchant Selectable Response solution not only helps protect you from fraud but it also
gives you flexible control over your risk exposure. Merchant Selectable Response (MSR)
allows you to configure the Orbital Processing System to return an override decline based
on predefined options. You select the Address Verification Service (AVS) or Card Verification
Data (CVD) response codes that you want auto-declined. For example, if you choose to auto
decline all approvals receiving the AVS Code indicating Zip-No Match, an automatic
merchant override decline is returned for those transactions. It is displayed as an M1
Override decline.

Chase's solution to this decline message is to "Try to resolve with customer or obtain alternate payment method" (page 189).

If you have more questions regarding this decline message please contact Chase merchant services.

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √