Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Cancellation Fees

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Cancellation Fees

Is there a way to automatically add a one-time charge as a cancellation fee?

Many of our services have a cancellation fee when a customer decides to break the contract early. For example when the duration of contract is 1 year, but the customer decides to cancel or discontinue it after 6 months. In that case we want to charge the customer with a fixed one-time fee. It's a little bit like 'setup fee' which can be defined as a one-time charge at the begining of a subscription, but in this case at the cancellation of contract.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Hi Dave,

In the Product Catalog, you will need to create a one-time charge product.   You will setup a fix fee on the one time charge of the product rate plan charge section.

Once you have that in place, you only need to create a "New Product" amendment and add in that new product on any subscription that requires a cancellation fee.   

Robert

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Hi Dave,

In the Product Catalog, you will need to create a one-time charge product.   You will setup a fix fee on the one time charge of the product rate plan charge section.

Once you have that in place, you only need to create a "New Product" amendment and add in that new product on any subscription that requires a cancellation fee.   

Robert

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Hi Robert,

It won't solve my problem because I wanted to define it in the ProductRatePlan and have it automatically without amending. But I accept your explanation as an answer because it seems to be the only way of achieving it in Zuora.

Dave

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Is there a way to add the cancellation fee as part of a cancellation quote? or does it have to be an amendment quote (followed perhaps by a cancellation quote)?

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

@MKent525 - from my understanding you will need to do the latter where you do an amendment quote to add a one-time cancellation charge, then process the cancellation quote.