Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Can not update this Subscription's Service Activation Date if there is a closed Accounting Perio

Community Manager

Can not update this Subscription's Service Activation Date if there is a closed Accounting Period

Known Issue: Can not update this Subscription's Service Activation Date if there is a closed Accounting Period

Status: Zuora Engineering is currently working to fix this issue.

Reference Number: BIL-14040

Steps to reproduce the issue:

- ensure that the test environment is set with the following:

a) Default Subscription Settings: Require Service Activation of Orders? = YES

b) the Z-Finance feature is provisioned on the tenant

- create a subscription with 2 charges

1) one-time charge with a triggering condition of Upon Contract Effective and recurring charge with a triggering condition of Upon Service Activation

2) click save and activate on the subscription page

a. set the Contract Effective date as 05/31/2013

b. leave the Service Activation date as blank

3) execute a Bill Run with a target date of 05/31/2013

4) create an Accounting Period with an end date of 05/31/2013, close the Accounting Period

5) go back to the subscription detail page, set the Service Activation date to 06/07/2013

Error:

Can not update this subscripton's contract effective date, because there is a charge start in the contract effective date and the date has been locked.

Workaround: Reopen the closed Accounting Period, active the Subscriptions, then close the Accounting Period again.

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

3 REPLIES 3
Student

Re: Can not update this Subscription's Service Activation Date if there is a closed Accounting Perio

Is there an update/resolution to this issue besides the workaround? 

Highlighted
Support SME

Currently, there is no update for this issue, we cannot provide an ETA yet. Thanks for your understanding. 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Support SME

The workaround that you may consider toward this issue would be either one of the following: 

1. Re-open the Accounting Period;
  2. In the Accounting Rules setting, change the option of Allow Subscription and Amendments to be created in a closed Accounting Period to Yes;
  3. Change the Subscription Rate Plan Charge's Trigger Condition into Upon a Specific Date.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √