Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Staff

Can I include an attachment to an invoice?

Can I include an attachment to a customer invoice? For example:  I would like to attach a file such as a notice to customers of our new address or attach a blank tax form so the customer can send it back with their payment.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

4 REPLIES 4
Zuora Staff

Re: Can I include an attachment to an invoice?

Yes, you can include an attachment to a customer account, subscription or invoice.

Here is the article to help give step by step instructions to add an attachment to the customer account, subscription or invoice:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CF_Users_and_Administrators/F_Attachments

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Student

I believe this does not answer her question. She (and I as well) need to send this attachment to our customer via email.

Master

Hi @kbeatie,

This is a bit awkward because Monique (zuora support) posted the question and answered it. This is a common practice to keep content current on the community. Monique did answer her question correctly. She asked "herself" if she can include attachments to an invoice. this can be done and the article she referenced details the steps. 

I think your quesiton is whether or not an attachment on an account, subscription, invoice, or any other object can be emailed. Is that correct?

From the UI, I've only seen the ability to email a PDF version of the invoice. There are a few invoice-related notifications where you can check a box and include a copy of the invoice PDF. You will probably need to GET the attachment via API and email it outside of Zuora. check out the reference library here: https://zuora.com/developer/api-reference/#operation/GET_Attachments

You can get the attachment ID and make modifications to the parameters. For invoices, there is a value "body". with the body parameter, you can decode (base64) it to reconstruct the PDF. It's possible that similar functionality exists for general attachments. 

That may be the question you want to ask support.

- Jeff
Highlighted
Student

Hi @jhileman

Thank you for your reply. I didn't realize it was one of "those" posts and the answer didn't seem to fit the question as the question referred to a "notice to customers of our new address or attach a blank tax form so the customer can send it back with their payment." These seem like things you would want to send to the customer and not just keep it in Zuora.

Your answer to do it outside of Zuora seems like it would work, yet I am not a developer and they don't pay me to do that kind of stuff unfortunately.

This seems like a feature that would be very useful.

In our case we would just like to set up a notification to automatically send customers an email with a change of billing form attached when their card is declined.