Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Student

CVV error

Hi all,

You have already had the problem of the field "Card Security Code Match" was returned by Zuora with "N" even though the transaction was approved and the CVV is right?

When the CVV are WRONG the error "Transaction declined.12 - Declined: DECLINED CVV2" 

When the CVV are RIGHT the error is "[GATEWAYTRANSACTIONERROR] TRANSACTION DECLINED.125/126 - INVALID SECURITY CODE"

3 REPLIES 3
Zuora Staff

Re: CVV error

Hi Fabio,

I am unsure which gateway are giving that error. The error is coming back from the gateway as it is a decline, we recommend you contact the payment gateway directly to investigate why the transaction is being declined.We just pass through the information to the gateway in our system so the error you see is exactly what we see on our back end. Thank you. 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Community Manager

@fabio. If you are using the PayPal gateway, errors 125 and 126 are fraud filters from the Fraud Protection Services that Paypal offers. https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/vhelp/paypalmanager_help/result_values_for_transaction_declines_...

This explains why the CVV is correct and you still get this decline error. PayPal should be able to work with you on customizing your fraud filters in the event that the charges are legitimate.

Hope this helps and happy Sunday!

Fraud Protection Services Filter — Declined by filters

Fraud Protection Services Filter — Flagged for review by filters

Important Note: Result code 126 indicates that a transaction triggered a fraud filter. This is not an error, but a notice that the transaction is in a review status. The transaction has been authorized but requires you to review and to manually accept the transaction before it will be allowed to settle.

If this is a new Payflow account, this result occurred because all new accounts include a “test drive” of the Fraud Protection Services at no charge. The filters are on by default. You can modify these settings based on your business needs.

Result code 126 is intended to give you an idea of the kind of transaction that is considered suspicious to enable you to evaluate whether you can benefit from using the Fraud Protection Services.

To eliminate result 126, turn the filters off.

Marlene Summers | Zuora, Inc.
Vice President, Customer Support Services & Community
Student

Thanks for the awnser, i think you are right, both of you, it makes sense.

I will try to resolve this problem with the Gateway and then i will back here to tell you the result.