Happy Business Starts Here

Billing Account in Salesforce

What is a Billing Account in Zuora for Salesforce and what is the difference between a Billing Account and an Account. 

Where can I find ZuoraId

2 REPLIES 2
Support SME

Re: Billing Account in Salesforce

Hi @elenagiardino,

The difference between a Billing Account and an Account is that an Account is an out-of-the-box object provided by SalesForce, wheras the Billing Account comes from Zuora's managed packages.

In essence, this means that an Account in SalesForce contains the Billing Account(s) from Zuora, which are called Customer Accounts in Zuora's system.

The ZuoraId can be found on each individual Billing Account, as it corresponds to a Customer Account in Zuora.

In the example below, the Zuora ID in SalesForce is 2c92c0f9521b4f3e015220f874446fce
Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 12.00.32.png

In Zuora, you'd go to the following URL in order to view the Customer Account:

https://apisandbox.zuora.com/apps/CustomerAccount.do?method=view&id=2c92c0f9521b4f3e015220f874446fce

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 12.02.11.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Re: Billing Account in Salesforce

I would like more info on this.  What is the purpose of linking Customer Account in Zuora to Billing account object in SFDC vs directly to account object?  Additionally, what is best practice for managing this?  If I have a restaraunt chain and they add multiple locations, should I have multiple billing accounts rolling to one SFDC account?  Should it be a 1 to 1 relationship? Where can I get more info on this.