Happy Business Starts Here

Honor Student

Bill Usage at Different Prices for Different Quantities, but Create Multiple Invoice Items

I am fairly certain this will not be possible, but I am trying to set up a rate plan with a combination of charges in order to accomodate the following. 

We bill usage on a monthly basis at different tiers like below:

• First 500 units priced at $1/Transaction
  • 501-1000 units priced at $.50/Transaction
  • 1001+ units priced at $.25/Transaction

I am aware that using the tiered pricing charge model will bill this accurately,

however, I would like to have the usage for each of those pricing levels broken out as a invoice item so they can see how the total billed was arrived at. 

So if my customer above had 1200 transactions, rather than seeing one single invoice item with a quantity of 1200 for an amount of $800, I would like to show the customer three lines:

1. Quantity of 500 for $500
  2. Quantity of 500 for $250
  3. Quantity of 200 for $50

I have been trying to think about how I could create a rate plan with multiple charges that allow me to bill a customer for these specific values (I am fine if there are additional $0 line items that can be hidden), but I do not think that this will be possible in Zuora. The alternative would be to rate the usage externally and upload the usage to the specific charges it should be billed out on, but I wanted confirm that Zuora would be unable to accomodate being able to display the breakout.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Bill Usage at Different Prices for Different Quantities, but Create Multiple Invoice Items

@kyleleyhavalara I found a field, InvoiceItem.ListPrice, that you could use on the invoice template in the Invoice Item table.  We don't use this field but I tested it and it does list the various tirers at the prices on the charge, not the list price in the product catalog.  The entire text block under List Price is the field so the formatting seems to be as is.  Not the greatest, but it does provide you the information you are looking for.

Does this help?

InvoiceItemListPrice invoice display example.PNG

Honor Student

Re: Bill Usage at Different Prices for Different Quantities, but Create Multiple Invoice Items

@ehavens,

While the formatting isn't perfect, this is certainly a far simpler solution than any of the workarounds I was considering. Thanks for your help!