Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Bill Preview Run to compute the maximum amount the account can bill

Highlighted

Bill Preview Run to compute the maximum amount the account can bill

Hi,

As the part of my requirement, I am working with getting the bill preview for a particular account.

Firstly, I am asked to run the bill preview

Secondly, it should be filtered to run for only one kind of charge (eg: Onetime or Recurring)

Once the preview is obtained, the invoice balance of the completed preview for that particular set of charge must be obtained. 

Can anyone please throw some light on how to achieve the following scenarios? 

Thank you.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Zuora Staff

Hi rullagaddimath,

Do you mean Bill Preview Run via API call or UI? Are you referring to this Knowlege Center article? https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/G_SOAP_API/E1_SOAP_API_Object_Reference/BillingPrevi...

Thanks!

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted

Hi Patrick,

Yes, we are running via API call. Yes, I have referred to the link, not getting any conclusive response.

Thank you for your time and patience!

Regards,

Ramya

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

@rullagaddimath,

This call has two parts:

1. create()
  2. query()

Are you having trouble creating the general call, or are you running into issues retrieving the file?

If it's the creation piece, if you aren't able to get any results back, one thing I would verify is to ensure that this feature is turned on in the environment you are trying the call. The feature is listed as "limited availability" right now and if it isn't turned on in your tenant, you will not be able to do the initial create().

If you know that the ability to do this query is turned on, then what are does the snippet of your call look like? 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √