Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Applying a Loyalty Credit 36 months down the road

Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Applying a Loyalty Credit 36 months down the road

In order to close a deal with a prospective customer, let's say I want to offer him an incentive such as "I'll give you a $100 service credit" on your 36 month anniversary. What's the best way of doing this? 

Thanks,

Doug

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

So there are two ways I can think of off the top of my head.

Option 1:

Have a one-time charge product in your catalog. This charge can have a negative $100 value.

Add that to your subscription as an amendment with an effective date 36 months from the start of the invoice.

When month 36 rolls along, that invoice will have the $100 credit kick in at that point.

This is a good option since if the customer cancels before month 36, this one-time product never takes effect.

Option 2: 

This option is more manual. Upon month 36, you would go into the customer account, then create an account level credit balance. This can be applied to a subsequent invoice.

The first option is definitely easier to implement since you can kind of "set it and forget it" and it also gives you a way to account for the credit back.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Hi Doug,

Are you talking about offering a $100 credit on the account that can be applied towards future invoices?

Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Yes! As long as the customer's account is still Active with us, then I'd give him a $100 credit towards future service on month 36.

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

So there are two ways I can think of off the top of my head.

Option 1:

Have a one-time charge product in your catalog. This charge can have a negative $100 value.

Add that to your subscription as an amendment with an effective date 36 months from the start of the invoice.

When month 36 rolls along, that invoice will have the $100 credit kick in at that point.

This is a good option since if the customer cancels before month 36, this one-time product never takes effect.

Option 2: 

This option is more manual. Upon month 36, you would go into the customer account, then create an account level credit balance. This can be applied to a subsequent invoice.

The first option is definitely easier to implement since you can kind of "set it and forget it" and it also gives you a way to account for the credit back.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Thanks Amy! Really appreciate the quick response (and on a Fri too :))!

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Have a lovely rest of the day and weekend!! 

Highlighted
Honor Student

Thanks