Happy Business Starts Here

Amendments and Subscriptions API end points

Hello,

Can someone help me to understand the difference between the end points under Amendments and Update, Renew, Cancel, Resume and Suspend Subscriptions. If there is a difference in which scenarions these different APIs end points are used but technically they are used to amend a subscription.

https://www.zuora.com/developer/api-reference/#tag/Amendments

https://www.zuora.com/developer/api-reference/#operation/PUT_Subscription

4 REPLIES 4
Support SME

Re: Amendments and Subscriptions API end points

It appears that this question has been addressed via Support Ticket. If you have any further questions please reply back directly to the ticket. 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Honor Student

It would be helpful to add the answer to questions like these so that other developers can benefit from the answer without having to open a support case.

Community Manager

Thanks for the reminder @jason_n. I'll follow up with the agent who worked on the case and ask him to share the resolution.

Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne
Support SME

Hi @jason_n , thanks for pointing this out. In short, with POST AMENDMENT, you're creating a single amendment, while with PUT SUBSCRIPTION, you can trigger multiple changes in one call that would otherwise require multiple amendments.

Since they're ultimately triggering the same actions, I'd say this makes a difference from an implementation point of view.

e.g. if you are moving away from your existing SOAP integration towards REST but do not necessarily want to design completely new processes, you have the option to simply continue creating the same amendments, but via REST instead of SOAP, so little change is needed in your integration.

However if you're building a completely new integration, and your business processes involve creating multiple amendments (e.g. updating a product and change t&c in a single step), then PUT Subscription is clearly a more flexible choice to go with.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √