Happy Business Starts Here

Add Source Name and Import Id to Usage Data Export

Highlighted
Support SME
Support SME

Add Source Name and Import Id to Usage Data Export

Question or Problem Statement:

After processing an External Refund then doing a data source export of Refund, in the Payment Method Snapshot, the Payment Method ID/Name is blank, why?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support SME
Support SME

Re: Add Source Name and Import Id to Usage Data Export

Solution:
The reason is because the Refund is "External". Actually, it is a Zuora tenant refund, so it will not show up in the Payment Method Snapshot fields by design.

How to know the external refund PaymentMethod information:
When creating an external refund, the Refund Method type = PaymentMethod name, you can use query below for example,

3.png

Select Id, Type, CreditCardMaskNumber, Name From PaymentMethod where Type = 'CreditCard' and Name = 'Credit Card'

Select Id, Type, CreditCardMaskNumber, Name From PaymentMethod where Type = 'Cash' and Name = 'Cash'

Select Id, Type, CreditCardMaskNumber, Name From PaymentMethod where Type = 'Other' and Name = 'Other'

Supporting References:
https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/SOAP_API/E1_SOAP_API_Object_Reference/PaymentMethod

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support SME
Support SME

Re: Add Source Name and Import Id to Usage Data Export

Solution:
The reason is because the Refund is "External". Actually, it is a Zuora tenant refund, so it will not show up in the Payment Method Snapshot fields by design.

How to know the external refund PaymentMethod information:
When creating an external refund, the Refund Method type = PaymentMethod name, you can use query below for example,

3.png

Select Id, Type, CreditCardMaskNumber, Name From PaymentMethod where Type = 'CreditCard' and Name = 'Credit Card'

Select Id, Type, CreditCardMaskNumber, Name From PaymentMethod where Type = 'Cash' and Name = 'Cash'

Select Id, Type, CreditCardMaskNumber, Name From PaymentMethod where Type = 'Other' and Name = 'Other'

Supporting References:
https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/SOAP_API/E1_SOAP_API_Object_Reference/PaymentMethod

View solution in original post