Happy Business Starts Here

Customer Statements

Zuora really needs customer account statements. These should be able to be pulled at any time without running an invoice. It would combine charges, payment, and balance information in one place. Customers often request at least a year's history. The workaround to use a custom invoice is clunky and doesn't really cut it. Every other accounting system that I have used has this capability.  

41 Comments
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Idea

Newly Enrolled

I second the requirement for easy to produce statements. Its somewhat bizarre this feature doesn't already exist. 

Community Manager
Status changed to: New Idea

New Student

Customer statements are a must, This is the first accounting system I have used that does not have the ability to generate a customer statement on demand

Newly Enrolled

I thought my team was crazy when they first told me Zuora couldn't do this. It's unfathomable this is not a standard feature.  We never even thought to spec. this out in the initial assessment stage.  We are spending tons of man hours compiling this data for customers... get on it Zuora!

Student lhe
Student

This definitely should be a standard feature. How is this not already available?

Zuora Product Team

Hi Everyone,

This is a great idea and one we've heard a lot about from customers. I will prioritize this in a future release. We have an exciting slate of features in various stages of design and development scheduled up through at least the third quarter of 2016. So, we want to do this, but it will not be immediate - just to be transparent and set expectations around this. I understand this is a requirement that our current workaround does not address easily today; we will work to improve it. Your input in this forum will be very valuable in making the case for this.

If you have additional requirements for customer account statements that are not captured in the original post, please respond and list them; I will be capturing them for our backlog. Thanks!

Newly Enrolled

Hi Nick,

We're currently integrating w/ Zuora and were very surprised to realize that customer statements were not supported. Customer statement are part of our daily A/R team work.

I shared an example of what we need with our contact in Professional Services. Happy to share it w/ you if you'd like. 

Osnat

Tutor

Hi @nharlow - appreciate your update on this request. Now that a few more months have passed is there an update you can share around when this feature will be available? We, like many other customers, are quite shocked this isn't an out of the box feature with Zuora and that there isn't a workaround at all outside of making an Invoice an account statement Smiley Sad

Really appreciate any feedback around this.

Thanks,

Sarah

Zuora Product Team

Hi All,

This is a top candidate for inclusion in our 2017 roadmap. I expect to be able to provide more concrete guidance as to status in the next couple of months. I understand that there is a lot of interest in this capability and frustration that we do not fully support it today. The Zuora billing and AR settlement team has been fully engaged on some major new capabilities around the application of payments to invoices, fine-grained AR settlement at the invoice item level, and full support for credit and debit memos. All of these capabilities will be rolling out in 3Q 2016. We will be starting requirements gathering and design work on new projects starting soon. Thanks.