Happy Business Starts Here

Credit Card Type Validation

Feature Request:  Zuora application should validate credit card type by using the Luhn Algorithm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luhn_algorithm) based on the IIN associated with each card type which is reflected in the beginning of the credit card number. 

Reference Number: DE7581/PMT-504

Business Need:

Currently, the system does not appear to be validating the credit/debit card type (e.g., Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover, etc.) that is selected against the credit/debit card number. It is possible to select MC and then successfully enter a Visa card number for example.  Validating credit card type initially can help catching user errors when entering credit card information.

7 Comments
Community Manager
Status changed to: More Feedback Needed

Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Guru

MasterCard is issuing new cards with a 2 series so we are updating our validation to ensure that cards that start with 2 are set to MasterCard when creating Payment Methods to send to Zuora.  Because of this change and testing, it has been brought back to our attention that Zuora does not validate the credit card type when creating a new payment method in the Zuora UI.  By not doing this validation Zuora allows incorrect data to be saved.

This is basic, this is easy, please prioritize this.

New Student jm
New Student

Would really love to see this happen.  As ehavens said "this is basic, this is easy, please prioritize this.".

Scholar

Can we please see this as a priority?   We have a large client base and while we strive to be "perfect" mistakes happen.  This seems like a pretty standard functionality in the world of billing.  Several sites that I go to automatically pick the card type for me (Visa, MC, AMEX) based on the information I put in when I enter the credit card number.  This would be a simple solution to a potentially big problem of transactions declining because the wrong CC type is indicated.

Thank you!

Newly Enrolled

This would extremely useful since we have great volume of customers with CreditCard as a payment method.

Itwould reduce manual intervention in case of wrong entry and in the end a better customer experience.

Scholar

Is there an update on this?  It seems that I'm not the only person looking for this!!