Happy Business Starts Here

Allow display more than the top 300 Rate Plans within Products

In our setup of Rate plans we have more than 300 rate plans under a single product and we have encountered a HUGE obstacle when it comes to this.

When we cannot view the Rate Plan that we need to update, we cannot update it at all and the data source exports will also not pull out a consistent list of rate plans, to allow an import to update the fields.  What usually takes us a few seconds to updates has turned into a much longer multi-hour update.

Can we have the ability to view all rate plans for a product and not have a cap on the number of rate plans visible under a product?

See support ticket - 187441 for more details on the problems we have encountered.

9 Comments
Guru

I agree that this change has been frustrating.  All rate plans should be displayed instead of limiting the view to 300 since there's no Next Page options or a sort feature.

Savvy Scholar

Definitely something to fix, even if only via pagination.

Savvy Scholar KE
Savvy Scholar

This is a huge issue for us! Please fix!

Support SME

This is a limitation as documented here

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/A_Zuora_Release_Notes/A_Zuora_Billing_Release_Notes/22_2019_New_Fe...

Limit on the Number of Rate Plans Displayed on the Product Details Page

When you view detailed information about products through the Zuora UI, a maximum of 300 product rate plans are now displayed on the product details page. 

If one product contains more than 300 product rate plans, Zuora arbitrarily displays 300 of the product rate plans. You can call the Get product or CRUD: Retrieve product operation to retrieve detailed information about all the product rate plans.

Savvy Scholar

How and why is this a limitation that was introduced, what business case introduced this feature?

Any end-user that is using the application is now supposed to create an API to extract the data to do a simple update on a rate plan?  Wow!

I don't believe that this is a 'feature' that should have been introduced as this is a very basic concept that should allow the end-user to access all rate plans for a product while viewing that product.  

It kills me to hear that there is an arbitrary display of rate plans under a product...essentially rendering the product rate plan page a lot less useful.  

I would recommend that you have a usability expert review this design and see if they have the same opinion as the customer and hope we can sway you to fix this issue.

Guru

@billdavis Well put.  I completly agree with Bill's comment.

Support SME

Hi @billdavis @ehavens I will review this with Zuora Billing Team and have this thread updated.

Thank you

Support SME

Hi All, based on my checking internally, there is a Project going on for Product Catalog UX Redesign.

I have raised this specific issue with this project team.

I will update this thread when I have more information if this issue is going to be addressed in the new product catalog UI and what is the time frame

Thank you

Doyeli

Savvy Scholar

Thank you, @doyeli