Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Align multiple subscriptions (billed annually) to a single billing date - Status changed to: Under Consideration

Align multiple subscriptions (billed annually) to a single billing date

We offer more than 1 subscription and are planning to add more.  For simplicity, we want to enable all subscriptions to be on the same recurring invoice.  As new subscriptions are purchased, the new subscription should have a pro-rated charge to the existing billing renewal date so that the renewal date for an account is the same across multiple subscriptions.  This functionality is supported for a monthly billing cycle.  We also want this functionality to work for annually billed subscriptions.

2 Comments
Zuora Product Team
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hi,

I'll look into this with engineering. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Zuora Product Team

Based on the information you provided, this feels like something you might be able to do already by aligning the subscriptions to the start of the term.

Here is my understanding of your scenario. Please correct this if I misunderstand what you're trying to do:

Suppose your customer wants to have two subscriptions. Sub1 is added earlier say 01/01/2017;  the second one is added on 03/01/2017. Both are billed annually. So for 2017 they want to have:
01/01/2017 - 12/31/2017 for sub1.
03/01/2017 - 12/31/2017 for sub2 (prorated)

After renew for 2018, they want to have 01/01/2018 - 12/31/2018 for both sub1 and sub2, they're aligned.  You *should* be able to do this through charge alignment settings. In this case, you would set the "term start date" for subscription 2 to 01/01/2017 and the "contract effective date" for 03/01/2017. This should result in annual billing prorated to 9-months, with both subscriptions set to renew on the same date.

Am I missing something here?