Happy Business Starts Here

0 Kudos

Ability to retire a rate plan for existing customers

We need the ability to retire rate plans both for new AND existing customers. I understand I can use the effective dates to retire rate plans for new customers/subscriptions, but there is no way in Zuora to indicate that the next renewal for a customer should not include a specific product or rate plan.

Without this, we have no way of retiring or replacing legacy software (without back-end work to move people from one rate plan to another).

As a minimum I'd like to be able to mark a rate plan as retired for existing customers from a specific date (which would remove it from their next renewal). Even better would be the ability to indicate what rate plan this should be replaced with.

6 Comments
Guru

@TrixabelleCP if you are using Zuora Quotes in Salesforce, you can achieve this through the Quotes Rules Engine. We currently do this where if a plan is expired the rules engine will automatically remove it from a renewal quote and notify the sales rep that they need to add a new plan to replace it.

You would make a rule that checks the product rate plans end date and if its in the past, remove the rate plan from the quote.

Scholar

Thank you @feisley 

Guru

@feisley 

We are not currently using the rules engine, but I did use it in the early adoptor's time. At that time it seemed all or nothing - the rules had to handle everything.  Is it possible now to do what you say here only on particular rateplans? and have the rules ignore everything else?

Guru

@MaggieL the rules do evaluate / run across all plans to check them. But you specify a filter to only match on specific ones. For example, when you add the 'Remove Product' there is a filter to match which products you want to remove. We have that filter set to evaluate if the rate plan is marked as expired / end of sale.

Guru

Thank you,

I will need to look into adding it as a tool for our backlog. Too often we go down the apex code route when a 'clicks not code' solution is more flexible.

Guru

@MaggieL yea its been pretty awesome for us. You can also do a hybrid of "clicks-with-some-code" because the Rules Engine can also call Apex actions to perform more advanced operation when a rule is triggered. So you get the benefits of customizing rules and conditions with clicks, but the power of code to do anything.