Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Users with French locale - issue with exporting data with spaces

For users based in France with locale = French, when exporting data there is a space for values over 3 numbers. For example, 1,234 is displayed as '1 234'. This seems to cause Excel to not recognize those numbers preventing us from being able to computate. Is this a bug in your exports?

We noticed removing the spaces in the file the file is ok and the numbers are recognized but this is very time consuming.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Users with French locale - issue with exporting data with spaces

The issue is within Excel and not the Zuora export.

To test this,  create a new excel file (outside of Zuora) that has numbers with a 'space'. When you highlight the cells, the SUM is 0.

While the U.K. and U.S. use a comma to separate groups of thousands, some countries (i.e. France) separate thousands groups with a space which we emulate in Zuora when the locale is set to one of those countries like France. This is the expected behavior in Zuora.

Example:
France = 4 294 967 295,000
US = 4,294,967,295.00

Based on other articles on the internet, others have confirmed the same behavior in Excel when a space in introduced within a number set. The best way to fix this is to use the REPLACE function (Edit > Replace).

You can highlight the entire field set, use the Replace function as follows:

• Find what: (add a space)
  • Replace with: (leave blank)

Then click on REPLACE ALL. This will quickly remove all spaces from the numbers.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √