Happy Business Starts Here

Support SME

Reports with Invoice Discounts

QUESTION:

We are trying to create a report which has the 'Discount' column located on an invoice. This discount is not the same report data for Product Rate Plan Charge or Rate Plan Charge discounts. Could you please guide me to which field or what report would have this information? We have provided a screenshot of an example invoice below:

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Reports with Invoice Discounts

RESPONSE:

For this request you will want to use the "INVOICE ITEM" data source for your report.

The discount amount itself is an invoice item. You can identify it by adding the field ProductRatePlanCharge.ChargeModel to your report. Any record with Product Rate Plan Charge.Charge Model = 'Discount-Fixed Amount' and/or 'Discount-Percentage' is a discount invoice item.

In the example provided above, the invoice has 3 line items and 2 discounts of -$50.00 applied.

When creating the report, you will see 5 line items: 3 invoice items and 2 discounts lines (see below screenshot, highlighted in yellow). 

The discounts are not only noted by the Negative InvoiceItem.ChargeAmount but including the ProductRatePlanCharge.ChargeModel denotes this as well, indicating these 2 discounts were 'discount-percentage'. 

RESOURCES:

Generate a Data Source Export

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √