Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Report on Parent/Child Billing - Subscription Owner (child) vs Invoice Owner (parent)

Highlighted
Support SME

Report on Parent/Child Billing - Subscription Owner (child) vs Invoice Owner (parent)

We have parent accounts that we bill monthly for multiple children accounts. The invoice template will list out each child account by child account number and child account name. I need to be able to run a report that shows the same data (child account number and child account name), but can't seem to find a data source to support that. Can you confirm that is currently the case? If so, do you have any suggested workarounds?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: Report on Parent/Child Billing - Subscription Owner (child) vs Invoice Owner (parent)

In our reporting feature when you pull the Account: Name from the Invoice Item data source, it will populate the invoice owner (Parent) and not the Subscription Owner (Child).

At this point, you would need to run 2 separate reports:

• Report 1 will be from the Invoice Item data source, include the Subscription: ID, which will give you the ID of the corresponding subscription from the child account

• Report 2 will be from the Subscription data source, where you can pull the Subscription ID and the Account Names (Child)

You would then aggregate the 2 reports, linking them by the Subscription ID's to pull the child account name from Report 2 into Report 1.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Support SME

In our reporting feature when you pull the Account: Name from the Invoice Item data source, it will populate the invoice owner (Parent) and not the Subscription Owner (Child).

At this point, you would need to run 2 separate reports:

• Report 1 will be from the Invoice Item data source, include the Subscription: ID, which will give you the ID of the corresponding subscription from the child account

• Report 2 will be from the Subscription data source, where you can pull the Subscription ID and the Account Names (Child)

You would then aggregate the 2 reports, linking them by the Subscription ID's to pull the child account name from Report 2 into Report 1.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Are there any plans to add the subscription owner to the invoice item data source? I have come across another requiement from our business to report on these pieces of information together. I thought i had heard that this would be added at some point...

thanks!

Highlighted
Support SME

Hi!

Yes we do plan to release new updates to reporting which would allow you to combine certain data sources allowing you to accomplish this. Stay tuned to our "What's New" section here: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/AA_Whats_New

In addition, we have a quarterly product roadmap webinar delivered by the Product Management team. In this webinar, you will learn about our upcoming plans for feature development. To enroll, you can sign up here:
http://info.zuora.com/Opt-in-Customer-Communications_Opt-In-LP.html

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Is it possible to get a date for when that functionality is planned?

Highlighted
Newly Enrolled

Rolando,

I am looking for a service to run recurring billing that allows parent and child account and for the child to select to be billed or to bill to the parent account when signing up. I googled these terms and landed here. Is Zuora a service or just a forum to discuss these services?

Highlighted
Support SME

Zuora is the leading Subscription Economy evangelist, providing the only SaaS platform that automates all subscription order-to-cash operations in real-time for any business. Please check out our Zuora website for more information about our portfolio of SaaS applications: https://www.zuora.com/products/

This community forum is a way for our customers, developers, partners, and Zuora support members to share ideas and solutions and have open dicussions about the Zuora products. 

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Rolando,

Any updates on this linking of Parent / child link ? we need to generate single report on this.