Happy Business Starts Here

Valued Scholar

Monthly Cancellations Report That Excludes Trial Customers

We are trying to generate a report that will show us a summary of products on cancelled subscriptions distributed along the dates the subscriptions' cancellation amendments were created—not the date the subscription actually expires. So far, that is what we have set up right now _(see screenshot)_. 

The challenge we're facing is filtering it so that only subscription with at least one successful payment are counted. We offer a free trial that is set as a future dated subscription that will stay unbilled if they cancel during the trial. However, we don't want these trial cancellations to get recorded as cancellation in this report.

This was easy to do with our acquisitions report, as building off the InvoiceItem data-source we were able to filter Invoice.PaymentAmount>0. However, most cancellation amendments never generate an invoice, as there is no revenue to record—and we cannot look at older invoices as they will record data for a subscription version with a different Subscription.UpdatedDate from the cancellation amendment we want to record.

We attempted to build it with the RatePlanCharge dataset instead, but we have not found a field to track a product's payment history. The closest I have achieved is filtering out subscriptions without renewals, as all renewed subscriptions have theoretically been paid for once; unfortunately this filters out accounts that paid for their initial term, but canceled before renewing.

Are there any solutions or workarounds I could look into?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Zuora Support

Re: Monthly Cancellations Report That Excludes Trial Customers

Hi,

If I understand your query, you are looking for a field to track a product's payment history. However RatePlanCarge has no association with Payment object.

Could you please elaborate more on what issue you are facing with the use of InvoiceItem object, as this is the only object which has association with Invoice and Subscription.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Valued Scholar

The issue in not being able ot use InvoiceItem is two fold:

1. We cannot determine whether a subscription has been cancelled except by either Status or CancelledDate. We can only get these on the Cancel amendment itself, and that will only be an invoice item if the subscription was invoiced after being cancelled. (Usually due to backdated cancellations stemming from failed payments) So most cancellations will not be included.

2. We are interested in when the subscription cancellation was created. This would be the UpdatedDate, which is unique to each subscription version. Even if we were able to determine whether an Expired sub was actually a cancelled sub, the UpdatedDate would be attached to the wrong amendment.

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Hello,

Please allow me some time to look into this for you, to see if we can provide a solution.

Thank you, 

Support SME
Support SME

Could you please file a ticket to support? Actually, we would like to take a look at the redcord samples and your testing report.