Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Gaps in Invoicing to identify an error

I am trying to build a report to identify accounts with gaps in invoicing. We uncancelled an account to perform maintenance on it and the maintenance window crossed a Billing Cycle Date.

Specifically I would like a list of accounts that have the gaps so I can go and resolve the issue. In our specific situation, the pattern will be a $0.00 invoice say in Sept 2016 with the invoice prior to the 2016 invoice being July of 2015, and all of the subscriptions on the account were cancelled in July 2015. I want to cancel and preferably delete the Sept 2016 invoice in my example.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Gaps in Invoicing

Without those accounts being definitively cancelled Zuora does not have a "clear cut" report that will get the result you need.

However, we can utilize one of our default reports (with some filter updates) to view billings month to month.

For example, the report will show CustomerX was billed $100 in July 2016, then $0 billings for August 2016 through January 2017, then $100 billed in February 2017.

To accomplish this, we can use the "Gross billing by customer account over time" report and update the Invoice: Invoice Date to span from January 2016 through February 2017. See screenshot below

You can then export the report as Crosstab CSV and start filtering accounts that have $0 months billed and then look for that particular pattern.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √