Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Billing Adjustment Report

Valued Scholar

Billing Adjustment Report

We are wanting to run a report which pulls in all billing adjustments with a certain description. Which data source and filters would you recommend? 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Valued Scholar

If I do a data sources export I have one result return. If I try to create a report using the rate plan data source and the same fields and filters there are no results found. 

Master

Hi @lisaluque!

> We are wanting to run a report which pulls in all billing adjustments with a certain description. Which data source and filters would you recommend?

In Zuora, the Invoice Item Adjustment (IIA) Object plays the role of "billing adjustments".

IIA is created to lower the price of already posted Invoice.

In order to pull IIA Object (and Joined Objects), you should use Invoice Item Adjustment Data Source.

However, an IIA Object does not have a "Description" field. Instead, the IIA Object has a "ReasonCode" field:
IIA_report01.png

You can not write a free memo in the "ReasonCode" field, but you can create a pull-down choice from Payment Setting.
Username > Payments > Configure Reason Codes
IIA_report02.png

For example, to pull IIA where ReasonCode is "Incorrect Charge" you should create a report like this:
IIA_report03.png

----

> If I do a data sources export I have one result return. If I try to create a report using the rate plan data source and the same fields and filters there are no results found.
Please tell me which fields and what kind of filters you tried to pull.