Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Staff

Will setting up two callouts of the same type (with differing end points) fire two callouts?

Will setting up two callouts of the same type (with differing end points) fire two callouts?

For example, I configure the New Subscription Created callout with 2 different names and endpoints.

Will Zuora fire a callout message for each callout that is defined within the same communication profile?

3 REPLIES 3
Guru

Re: Will setting up two callouts of the same type (with differing end points) fire two callouts?

You currently can only have one notification configured for each event type and configuration. For example, for Subscription Created + Status = Active you can only make a single callout.

We handle this currently via our own services. So Zuora makes a callout to our service and it in turn takes a number of actions to provision the account.

That being said, I do see the benefit to having multiple notifications per event type (for example, send this formatted email to the customer  and send this differently formatted email internal, etc) Or for making callouts to 2 or 3 different systems.

I suggest detailing your request and use cases in the ideas section of the community.

Highlighted
Zuora Staff

Re: Will setting up two callouts of the same type (with differing end points) fire two callouts?

Having tested this, we have setup two versions of the New Subscription Created callout, with with two different end points.

It appears that only a single callout fires, even though I can create/setup two versions of the same callout.

Guru

Interesting that it even let you configure both. For me if i try to make a second notification with the same parameters (other than having a different callout URL) the UI gives me an error and doesnt allow it to be saved.