Happy Business Starts Here

Support SME

Why the date format doesn't change with the locale configured in Communication Profile?

I've set the locale of a communication profile to English (Australia), so I'm expecting the date in the notification email should be in format of dd/mm/yyyy.

But when I got the email, the format is still mm/dd/yyyy.

Why is that?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

3 REPLIES 3
Support SME

Re: Why the date format doesn't change with the locale configured in Communication Profile?

The Locale setting in communication profile would only affect the datasource date fields (the ones like <DataSource.Subscription.TermEndDate>), for all legacy merge fields (the ones like <Subscription.TermEndDate>), the date format will follow the locale of the login user's profile setting.

Savvy Scholar

Re: Why the date format doesn't change with the locale configured in Communication Profile?

Very good question Yolanda. I have exactly the same issue. And it turns out that it uses the locale settings of the user who triggers the action (e.g. a bill run), not the locale setting in the relevant communications profile!

I've added a new idea request which covers this feature if you want to give it some kudos Smiley Happy

https://community.zuora.com/t5/Billing-Payment-Ideas/Email-notifications-should-use-the-communicatio...

Highlighted
Support SME

Smiley Happykudoed~