Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Why the date format doesn't change with the locale configured in Communication Profile?

Highlighted
Support SME

Why the date format doesn't change with the locale configured in Communication Profile?

I've set the locale of a communication profile to English (Australia), so I'm expecting the date in the notification email should be in format of dd/mm/yyyy.

But when I got the email, the format is still mm/dd/yyyy.

Why is that?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: Why the date format doesn't change with the locale configured in Communication Profile?

The Locale setting in communication profile would only affect the datasource date fields (the ones like <DataSource.Subscription.TermEndDate>), for all legacy merge fields (the ones like <Subscription.TermEndDate>), the date format will follow the locale of the login user's profile setting.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support SME

The Locale setting in communication profile would only affect the datasource date fields (the ones like <DataSource.Subscription.TermEndDate>), for all legacy merge fields (the ones like <Subscription.TermEndDate>), the date format will follow the locale of the login user's profile setting.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Savvy Scholar

Very good question Yolanda. I have exactly the same issue. And it turns out that it uses the locale settings of the user who triggers the action (e.g. a bill run), not the locale setting in the relevant communications profile!

I've added a new idea request which covers this feature if you want to give it some kudos 🙂

https://community.zuora.com/t5/Billing-Payment-Ideas/Email-notifications-should-use-the-communicatio...

Highlighted
Support SME

Smiley Happykudoed~