Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Why do I receive "permission errors" as a Zuora Administrator?

Question:

Why do I receive "permission errors"? As an Administrator user, I expect full access to every feature. For example, we'd like to use the Override Transferred to Accounting feature, and even though we have Administrator access to Zuora, we still receive the error "You do not have permission to update transaction from Yes to other reconciliation status. Please contact your company administrator for permission."

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Why do I receive "permission errors" as a Zuora Administrator?

Solution:

Administrator users do not necessarily have access to all Zuora features, since some of these are controlled by individual Role Lists. However they do have the ability to add new User Roles, and edit these. Out-of-the-box roles can't be edited!

If an Administrator receives the error message shown above, it means they don't have full Z-Billing Role access. See example, where I am a Platform Administrator, but also a Billing Standard User:

admin1.JPG

Let's take a look at this Z-Billing Standard User role via Settings > Administration Settings > Manage User Roles.

First, change the Role List dropdown to Z-Billing:

admin2.JPG

As we can see, the Standard User does not have every permission enabled:

admin3.JPG

As I have mentioned it before, out-of-the-box roles can't be edited, so we'll need to create a new role that has all the desired permissions:

admin4.JPG

And finally, we also need to update the user's Z-Billing Role:

admin5.JPG

Now we're free to execute the desired changes.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √