Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Stop all Email notifications to non-active customers

I have a question about automated payment expiration emails.

They have no active subscriptions, but the Payment Method Expiration email was still sent out. Is there any way to make it so this email is only triggered if a customer has an active subscription, or is the only way around this to delete the payment method after a subscription is cancelled, or mark the actual customer account as canceled?

Please let me know the best way around this, as it would be preferable that a former customer not receive any sort of unnecessary billing communication from us.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: Stop all Email notifications to non-active customers

Yes, even if you cancel their Subscription, the customer will still get a notifications of CC expiration where applicable. The notification is specifically triggered by the expiration date of the default payment method of any Customer Account. It is not governed by Customer or Subscription status.

If you would like to stop the notifications, best practice would be:

1) Change the default payment method to another form of payment other than the expiring credit card in question. 

2) Move the customer account into a different Communication Profile where the credit card notifications are disabled. You can create a notification profile that has all notifications disabled, then assign this profile to customers who fit this criteria.

Resources:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: Stop all Email notifications to non-active customers

Yes, even if you cancel their Subscription, the customer will still get a notifications of CC expiration where applicable. The notification is specifically triggered by the expiration date of the default payment method of any Customer Account. It is not governed by Customer or Subscription status.

If you would like to stop the notifications, best practice would be:

1) Change the default payment method to another form of payment other than the expiring credit card in question. 

2) Move the customer account into a different Communication Profile where the credit card notifications are disabled. You can create a notification profile that has all notifications disabled, then assign this profile to customers who fit this criteria.

Resources:

View solution in original post