Happy Business Starts Here

[KNOWN ISSUE] Default Value will be not supported for the Custom Fields in New Objects

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni
Zuora Alumni

[KNOWN ISSUE] Default Value will be not supported for the Custom Fields in New Objects

Known Issue

Setting default value for the custom fields of new objects will be not suppored in the future.

The reason is because if the content of the default value is changed,  it will use the new default valuefor the new records, it will cause the inconsistence between new and old custom field value.  So for new objects, it will not have the default value function.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Default Value will be not supported for the Custom Fields in New Objects

Hey @Jia,

I'm a little confused about why this feature is no longer supported.  We're noticing the default value being set on custom fields when we use the SOAP API, but not when we use the newer REST APIs.  Is this intended?

If so, I'm a little confused about the reason for stopping support of this feature.  If we change the default value for the field, I think it makes perfect sense that old objects would continue to have the old value, but new objects would have the new default value.  If one needed to change historical data, one would do a mass update.  This is affecting some of our recent development and adoption of the new APIs, so we would really appreciate learning more about this decision.

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Default Value will be not supported for the Custom Fields in New Objects

Hi @kvermeer,

Default value not being set via original REST API is a known issue.  This is one of the reasons we stop supporting Default Value.

Mass update a custom field is not something that can be done by all users as they require to build a specific tool to do so. 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √