Happy Business Starts Here

New Student

Add users API

All,

We have a requirement to add users from workday to Zuora via the API.  I reviewed the documentation and there is no Admin objects I can use for users.  

The only solution that comes to mind is get the data form Workday via API and put into a file for to be loading into Zuora manually or through a loading tools but not an API.  Does that make sense?

Questions:

1. Is there an API function for this and I just missed it?
  2. If there is not can anyone suggest and work around?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Zuora Alumni

Re: Add users API

Hi @LPRAIS Let me take a look into this and get back to you - thanks! 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

New Student

Janis,

Thank you for the response however as I stated in my post I reviewed the API guide and am aware it does not have function for users.  The question is there a work around?  I have read the API guide and can see what it can and cannot do.  It cannot support user creation but is there a work around or is s flat file the only way to load users.  Is there a data loader utility that we can use?

Zuora Alumni

Hi @LPRAIS As of right now, external data loaders are not supported.  Loading a flat file might be an option, but it is likely that you will encounter issues going that route.  Please DM with your tenant-ID if you'd like to explore further.  Thanks! 

New Student

Can you please share what a tenant-ID is?  I am new to Auora and not sure what you are asking.

Is the support ID?

Zuora Alumni

@LPRAIS The tenant-ID is essentially a number associated with your account.  To view what your number is head to Sandbox/Production.  After logging into Sandbox/Production --> Profile --> Manage Your Profile --> (Tenant ID is listed on the bottom of the page under Edit User Profile).  Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks! 

Savvy Scholar

Hi @Janis and @LPRAIS,

As I've been following the thread here:

https://community.zuora.com/t5/Admin-Settings-Ideas/REST-API-CRUD-Users/idi-p/9556

Was there a resolution or a workaround for creating and managing users via a flat file or API menchanism?

Thank you,

Brandon

Zuora Product Team

Folks, we're currently working on providing an API to manage users and roles, but this will likely be released later this year. At this time, there's no way to automatically create users thru the UI (via flat file) or API.