Happy Business Starts Here

Require Audit Trail

Feature Request: Require Audit Trail

Reference Number: DE5826/PMT-876

Business Need:

There are business requirements that are looking for the ability to have an audit trail for all fields and records. The requirement is to have an audit trail on all

- Account fields (including all custom fields)
- Subscription Fields (including all custom fields)
- Contact Address Fields (including all custom fields)
- Settings changes
- Users' actions

56 Comments
Savvy Scholar

Is this live?

Valued Scholar

I'm writing you again as we are running into issues with not being able to create reports over changes made to objects in Zuora. 

Can we at least get a feedback from the product team here, what the status of this is?

Master

I agree! This idea has been on the books for a while now and in 2016 the original post said it was just under consideration. I did hear at Subscribe this was coming but no real time frame. This needs to be available ASAP for compliance and SOX.  Zuora team please update us on the status, if it's in development and when it can be expected. Thank you! 

Zuora Product Team
Status changed to: Coming Soon

This idea has been highly anticipated, and I’m happy to report that the implementation work for Audit Trails in Zuora is actively underway. We are currently building the first several use cases that will be the foundation for how auditing is done across the system.

Much of the information in this thread is still valid regarding how audit trails are being implemented. We're planning on capturing the when, what, and who of the following three classes of changes:

1. Any time a user logs in and out
  2. Changes to any Zuora settings, like roles and permission, billing settings, etc.
  3. Changes to any Zuora business objects, like Account, Contact, Subscription, Product, etc.

In terms of order of execution, we are prioritizing the financially impacting uses cases and settings first to address SOX compliance requirements. We are working hard to get this feature built and delivered to you as soon as possible. I’ll update this thread with more information as we get more clarity.

Master

Thank you for the update @apurva-desai.  Looking forward to a timeline for these items

Scholar

Please keep me updated on the progress of this request.  We are also very interested in a feature of this sort.

Thanks,

Kevin

New Student

@apurva-desai I see it has been over 2 months since the last update on this functionality. Can Zuora please provide a status and timeline update on this much needed development.

Honor Student

@apurva-desai We are also very much looking forward to this feature! Can you please provide an update on the status?

Zuora Product Team

I have an update to share on the status of this feature. Our teams are making good progress on the first few use cases that will be covered by Audit Trail. The delivery plan is to iteratively release use cases as they are built so that we can quickly provide additional coverage or reprioritize use cases as needed. The first three use cases that will be addressed include:

1. Login History: tracking of all successful and failed login attempts. Information includes username, authentication method, status, IP address, timestamp, etc.
  2. Setting Changes: tracking of 16 financially impacting settings under Billing, Payment, Commerce, and Finance. Information includes username, setting, old & new values, timestamp, etc.
  3. User Management: tracking of changes to Users, Roles, and Permissions. Scope includes all changes under Manage User and Manage User Roles in Administration Settings.

These 3 use cases should be ready soon, and we are targeting an LA release for December. Thanks all for your patience!

Savvy Scholar

Hello, thanks for the update, is that release still on target for this month?