Happy Business Starts Here

Require Audit Trail

Feature Request: Require Audit Trail

Reference Number: DE5826/PMT-876

Business Need:

There are business requirements that are looking for the ability to have an audit trail for all fields and records. The requirement is to have an audit trail on all

- Account fields (including all custom fields)
- Subscription Fields (including all custom fields)
- Contact Address Fields (including all custom fields)
- Settings changes
- Users' actions

46 Comments
Student

Hello.. Seeing that this topic started in Jan 2016.  Its almost 3 years now.  Is there any update as to when the complete audit tracking will be available in Zuora?

Valued Scholar

@lukasz - I agree with @kcavanaugh

This "idea" has been in progress for over 2 years now and I have not seen any progress in the system since this idea was created (I have been a Zuora clients since 2015). Even the items that are tracked, there is not central report I can run, but instead we need to run a data export for each object in Zuora.

You have several clients who don't just want this feature, but truly NEED it. Now that Zuora is a public company, I would expect them to have a SOX compliant system and this is a big hole.

Can Zuora at least show us they are making progress and listening by giving us SOMETHING?

What about an Audit trail export where I can select the user and it shows me all the refunds, payments, invoices, IIA, IA, etc. they created in a given period? Seems like it would be a easy win and prove to your client base you care.

And as @kcavanaugh mentioned, focus on the big risk items first, like user access.

Savvy Scholar

Checking back on this thread as we just got a request from our auditors: 

We need a report that shows all Zuora users who have used the Administrative Permissions - Create Users, Manage Users, and Manage User Roles

This is crucial to our business, and it's frustrating that once again we need to tell them this is not possible. 

Scholar

Have you looked at "Reports > Export" then Export Data: All User List CSV? The column "Zuora Platform Role" should show "Administrator" for those with the permissions you listed.

Valued Scholar

Thank you for the idea, @paulkaiser - however, that export does not include an audit trail - it appears to be a snapshot in time.

Valued Scholar

Would really appreciate if this could be available soon due to audits this feature is really important.

New Student

This is an important feature. We need an audit log so we know when each user made a change and when that change actually occurred over the course of time.

Valued Scholar

Hi guys, 

we just had the case that we needed to see which changes have been made in the account and actually it is not even possible to see which fields have been changed by whom. With the file the support provided we just see that a change happened but nothing else. If an audit requires such data we can't provide them anything. 

Can you please give us an update on the progress here. We have hundreds of Kudos and this is an ongoing topic since 2 years now. 

Best, 

Anne

Tutor

Hi there,

This is the third request we are making for an audit trail since implementing in 2016. Auditors require this information and it will be a reason we move away from using Zuora. @lukasz (if you are still the right person here), would you be able to give us some clarity on if/when this is coming so we can relay to our auditors for peace of mind?

Thank you,

Sarah

Master

The lack of Administrative reporting and audit trails in Zuora is unacceptable and needs to be resolved. Honestly, just look back at this thread the Community Leader changed it to "coming soon" over 3 years ago. We can't track user changes, role changes, actually most changes from the Admin screens let alone pull basic reports for anything in Admin besides a User Export (one entity at a time) with limited data that doesn't even show what entities a User has access to in our Multi-Entity Tenant. Bottom line, the lack of Admin reporting/auditing for an Admin to provide to others is a complete miss by Zuora and needs to be resolved. We can't even pull an report for User Roles in your tenant let alone an audit if something changes, same for users. Additionally there is no Global Reporting or Auditing for Multi-Entity clients.