Happy Business Starts Here

REST API CRUD Users

I think it would be a great idea to allow the ability to create/read/update users in Zuora via the REST apis. Is this something that is being prioritzed at this point?

11 Comments
Zuora Product Team
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hey @Kyle, great idea and we're looking to do this along with a REST API for the rest of Zuora Settings as well. The likely timing is sometime in 2017, given other items we're working on, but would love to see this voted up to give me more feedback on the priority.

Student

I think this would be great. Zuora must consider this.

Student
yes, this would be great. Zuora must consider this.
Zuora Staff
Zuora Staff

WEX are needing to provide auditors a quarterly report on users, roles, and status. 

So - adding to this and upvoting

Zuora Product Team

@Jim, please look at the "Export User List" option under Manage Users within the Zuora Settings. Would that work?

Tutor

This funcitionality will be extremely helpful in our audit processes here at WEX. 

Student

@lukasz - Upvoting- My use case is slightly different - Export alone won't cut it - I need a way to restore a list of users (along with their roles/perms/etc) to a tenant after it has been paved over by a refresh from one of our sandboxes. Ideally there would be an "Import Users" alonside the Export Users option - but I am happy to write my own script if we can get access via the REST API.

Student

@lukasz - Upvoting- My use case is slightly different - Export alone won't cut it - I need a way to restore a list of users (along with their roles/perms/etc) to a tenant after it has been paved over by a refresh from one of our sandboxes. Ideally there would be an "Import Users" alonside the Export Users option - but I am happy to write my own script if we can get access via the REST API.

Zuora Product Team

@cthilgen, this is interesting. When you say "paved over by a refresh from one of our sandboxes", are you referring to our PCE environments (i.e. Services)? Because if so, then all users and permitions already get copied over in that process. I don't know of any other "refresh" that we provide at this time, can you confirm or elaborate?

Savvy Scholar

We use the SAML SSO functionality for authentication with Active Directory. We too have quarterly security audits. It would be extremely beneficial and effective if we could leverage an API driven by group policy on our side to manage the roles and access within Zuora.