Happy Business Starts Here

0 Kudos

Output CSV file should have BOM in order to be opened by Excel correctly

We can input non-ascii character, such as Japanese character, in Zuora database as UTF-8 through Zuora UI or API. Also, we can download csv file through Zuora UI, such as Data Source Export, Revenue Detail (in Z-Finance Accounting Period), Usage file through notification email, and etc.

On the client laptop (pc), CSV file generally is opened by Excel. But these characters are corrupted (broken) in Excel if the CSV file has non-ascii characters.

CSV file should have BOM (byte-order-mark) so that Excel can recognize the character set of CSV file.

3 Comments
Support SME

Thank you for reporting this, @S_Mizu !

Could you send me the following additional details via a Private Message please so I could take a closer look?

- your tenant ID

- an example CSV file that seems broken when opened in Excel

Thanks!

Zuora Staff
Zuora Staff

Viktor,

Many of CSV file was broken in Excel, but some of CSV file was not broken. It seems there is not regularity.

The following CSV file was broken at least.

- CustomerAccounts -- "Export Customer Accounts" link on Customer Account Page > Exports tab of Data Exports

- SubscriptionDetails -- "Export Subscriptions" link on Subscriptions Page > Exports tab of Data Exports

- Invoice Snapshot -- "Export Invoices" link on Invoice Page of Billing Operations > Exports tab of Data Exports

- Any Data of Data Sorce of Data Exports

- Revenue Detail -- Select "csv" at "Download Revenue Detail" link on Accounting Period Page.

The following CSV file was not broken.

- Product Catalog -- "Export Product Catalog" link on Product Catalog Page > Exports tab of Data Exports

- Revenue Detail -- Select "xlsx" at "Download Revenue Detail" link on Accounting Period Page.

All CSV files should have BOM.

Also, please refer the support ticket, REQUEST #81543.

Support SME

Thank you @tak , I see from the ticket history this has been referred to the Product Managers.