Happy Business Starts Here

"Zuora.zAPIException: Please upload Zuora WSDL at first." error when running Apex test class

Community Manager

"Zuora.zAPIException: Please upload Zuora WSDL at first." error when running Apex test class

See Reply

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Re: "Zuora.zAPIException: Please upload Zuora WSDL at first." error when running Apex test class

Issue:  "Zuora.zAPIException: Please upload Zuora WSDL at first." error when running Apex test class

Response: With current product design, it is not possible to see the WSDL file if you set seeAllData=False. In order to use Zuora for Salesforce Order Builder, you have to set seeAllData=True.

*Note: there is no workaround right now

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

New Student

Re: "Zuora.zAPIException: Please upload Zuora WSDL at first." error when running Apex test

This is marked as a solution but it doesn't address the problem. It is considered bad practice to use seeAllData=true and many organisations are trying to phase it out.

Is there a planned fix to be able to run as test class with seeAllData=false?

Zuora Support Moderator

Re: "Zuora.zAPIException: Please upload Zuora WSDL at first." error when running Apex test

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your note.

I was able to check in with our engineering team to gather additional notes on this particular topic and it looks like due to a custom setting requirement in our code, if you don't add the 'SeeAllData' annotation in your test class the record won't show properly.

The Knowledge Center mentions this here: Order Builder: Unit Test and Code Coverage

That being said, I think this would be a really good suggestion to add to our Ideas Forum.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Newly Enrolled

Hi Amy,

Would switching over to using Custom Metadata Types possibly help solve this, as opposed to Custom Settings?

https://developer.salesforce.com/blogs/engineering/2015/04/custom-metadata-types-ga.html

If not, would it be possible for you expose this custom setting to us so we can generate the records in apex test classes instead of using SeeAllData true?

Thanks,

Jake

Tags (1)
Zuora Alumni

Hi,

We don't currently expose the app config for programmatic access, but I agree with amy that you should post your IDEAs to the Community.  It would definitely help with test automation.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Guru