Happy Business Starts Here

preview subscription not returning productrateplanchargeId

preview subscription not returning productrateplanchargeId

Hello,

I am using zuora soap api version 52.0 to make the preview subscription call. I am getting a successful response with the amount, Invoice item, invoice etc. But it is missing the ProductRatePlanChargeId. I even tried to create it using the latest api version (91.0); but still it refuses to return the ProductRatePlanChargeId. Does anyone know if I am missing anything here in my request that would potentially cause this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MaggieL
Guru

Re: preview subscription not returning productrateplanchargeId

The Charge Description is returned if you set the Description field in the request.

You should post your request data then I'm sure someone can see what is going on.

Maggie Longshore

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MaggieL
Guru

I don't remember specifics but I believer the PRPID is only returned in some cases.

We had much difficulty matching Invoice items with charges in SFDC that I send the QuoteRatePlan along with a unique id in the ChargeDescription field so i can process the Invoice Items.

Not sure if that approach would apply to you.

Maggie Longshore

@MaggieL Thanks for your response! As per the documentation (https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/G_SOAP_API/E1_SOAP_API_Object_Reference/InvoiceItem), it should return the PRPID for subscription preview calls. 

Btw, I just checked my response and here is my response with no ChargeDescription,

AccountingCode=null, ChargeAmount=48.32, ChargeDate=2018-06-21 23:18:32, ChargeDescription=null, ChargeName=TestService, ProductId=2c92c0f952f951d50152fa72e7223a84, Quantity=1, ServiceEndDate=2018-07-12 00:00:00, ServiceStartDate=2018-06-14 00:00:00, TaxAmount=0, ...}, isPredefined=false, namespace=http://object.api.zuora.com/, zType=InvoiceItem]

MaggieL
Guru

The Charge Description is returned if you set the Description field in the request.

You should post your request data then I'm sure someone can see what is going on.

Maggie Longshore

View solution in original post

Thanks @MaggieL. It worked. That was a cool hack! The description field returns me the productrateplanchargeId in the invoice item if I set it in the request.

MaggieL
Guru

I do something similar but if you allow multiple of the same product charges or do an amend or renewal you may need to make the description unique. I wrap our description in some random text then use a regex to get it back.

Maggie Longshore