Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Savvy Scholar

When does the 'UpdatedDate' field changes for an Account?

Hi,

I'm trying to find out what affects the 'UpdatedDate' field of an Account object: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/G_SOAP_API/E1_SOAP_API_Object_Reference/Account

I understand that any change of direct Account field (e.g Name, Currency) will change it's last updated date. But does it also change when any dependent objects (e.g. Invoices/Subscriptions etc) are added/changed? Suppose I want to find all accounts which has new Invoices within a time interval. Is it enough to make a query to like below?

SELECT Id FROM Account WHERE UpdatedDate>2018-11-09T01:15:22.000-08:00 
1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: When does the 'UpdatedDate' field changes for an Account?

Your understanding is correct, any change of direct Account field (e.g Name, Currency) will change its last updated date. Usually, it also changes when its dependent objects (e.g. Invoices/Subscriptions etc) are added/changed. For example, after an invoice is posted, the account metrics will be updated automatically, such as Account Balance, Contracted MRR. 

To satisfy your requirement, it is suggested to use Invoice Item object and its linked object Invoice's 'Posted Date'. Here is the sample: 

Reporting.png