Happy Business Starts Here

Usage Upload Failure - Best Practices

Can anyone help me in best practice recommenedation in handling  usage upload errors in situation like 

Due to failure in connection/system downtime, no response received from Zuora API. Here Zuora could have imported the usage or rejected it.

Avoid uploading duplicate usage data

What mechanism one can follow to debug and take actions in both options to upload usage by file or by using CRUD (one usage record at a time)

One more question:

Under which object Zuora store usage file and from where file id, file name being referenced in UI

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Support SME

Re: Usage Upload Failure - Best Practices

Hi,

Here are something we could do to troubleshoot uploading usage result.

1. Refresh the Usage page to check the latest usage data list

Normally, if there is still usage being uploaded, there will be a message like "there is usage file uploading" on the top right cornor of the page.

If there is no such message and you couldn't find the usage you were trying to uploaded, then it is quite possible the upload was failed.

2. We could also use Data Source Export to export data of object Usage to confirm if the usage was uploaded

Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 14.24.11.png

3. By using the 2 notifications of Import Processed, we will receive an email about the upload result with the detailed reason why the upload was failed which is usually very helpful.

Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 14.26.00.png 

There is a field SourceType in object Usage which could tell us if the usage was added through a file(Import) or through API(API). But the file ID won't be able to be queried.

Hope this could help.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Thanks, Yolanda. Here customer is looking for best practices when they are loading data using Zuora APIs.

The options you mentioned will hold good if they are loading data manually...like checking the status from UI etc.

Highlighted
Zuora Staff

Hi,

It is possible to run a query () call on an account to check on usage created, please see the Knowledge Centre article here

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Ownen. Yes it is possible to check back on accounts.

When they upload usage using file, Zuora returns file id as response - this is atomic either it uploads everything or none

If they load data record at a time, Zuora returns usage.id as response.

In any of the scenario, if Zuora does not return the response or their system is down to receive the response, are you suggesting to have an asynchronous porcess in the backend to periodically check the usage loaded by querying usage object by account?

Please confirm.