Happy Business Starts Here

Advanced Tutor

Upload of clientIds into Zuora (MetaData)

We are billing usage charges. For every charge there is an identifier in our system. Why is not possible to upload any client identifiers to map the charges in Zuora?

It should look like this:

Client                 Zuora

Product1 <-->  C0001 (MetaData = Product1)

Product2 <-->  C0002 (MetaData = Product2)

There is a metaData field in the RatePlanCharges of an active subscription. Theoretically, this could serve our purposes.

Right now, I have to store all kinds of Ids from Zuora and implement a complicated sync just to bill a single charge. 

3 REPLIES 3
Support SME

Re: Upload of clientIds into Zuora (MetaData)

Hi @magicline could you provide more details on what are you doing exactly?

I am not sure what do you mean by "There is a metaData field in the RatePlanCharges of an active subscription". I am not aware of such a field, and I have doublechecked my WSDL just to be on the safe side and there's no metaData field by default for the RatePlanCharge object. Have you created a custom field called metaData by any chance?

Back to your original issue, could you provide a high-level explanation of your business processes, so I could have a better understanding on how are you trying to bill this usage? Using best practices, there's usually no need for any extra client identifiers.

Please provide your API calls wherever possible, but make sure you remove the Session TokenId from your calls for security reasons.

Thanks!

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Advanced Tutor

- I have a list of products.

- I want to charge them usage based on a daily basis.

- In order to create the usage file I have to know accountId, subscriptionId and chargeId.

- Subscription is created automatically via job. 

- I use the rest api.

The chargeId is different for every subscription. Why? In order to create the usage file I have to parse every subscription response and store the corresponding chargeIds in our software. Why can't I simply store a global ID for every charge, or even simpler, tell the Zuora system our identifiers (e.g. by metaData)?

Highlighted
Zuora Staff

The unique chargeIDs are by design. 

Your idea for a global charge ID is a good one though, I would recommend logging it as an idea in the Subscription Management section here so our Product Managers can look at the feasability of it being added in a future release.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √