Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Update Payment Method associated to Subscription

Hi,

After the Subscription has been created how I can update the Payment Method associated to it? For instance, the Customer may want to use a different Credit Card or pay via ACH in the next billing cicle.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Update Payment Method associated to Subscription

@rdavila - the payment method is actually associated on the account level, and each account (if using auto-pay) will have one designated default payment method.

To create a new payment method, you can use the create() call. More information on the PaymentMethod object can be found here: SOAP PaymentMethod Object

To associate this new payment method with the account and make it a default, I would use the account update() call to set the DefaultPaymentMethodId.

Reference the SOAP Account Object.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

@rdavila - the payment method is actually associated on the account level, and each account (if using auto-pay) will have one designated default payment method.

To create a new payment method, you can use the create() call. More information on the PaymentMethod object can be found here: SOAP PaymentMethod Object

To associate this new payment method with the account and make it a default, I would use the account update() call to set the DefaultPaymentMethodId.

Reference the SOAP Account Object.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Thanks for the quickly answer!