Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Troubleshooting potential Zuora performance/availability issues with Zuora Support

Question or Problem Statement:
My tenant is experiencing a performance issue. What does support need to expedite troubleshooting?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Troubleshooting potential Zuora performance/availability issues with Zuora Support

Solution:

i. Determine if there is any connectivity issues on your end and provide network details
  1. Are you able to connect to other sites via the Internet?
  2. From your "problem" location, provide nslookup and dig formation for Zuora's endpoint
     a. nslookup www.zuora.com (or your specific trouble endpoint)
     b. dig www.zuora.com
  3. From your "problem" location, provide traceroute details to document your path to Zuora
     a. traceroute www.zuora.com

b. mtr www.zuora.com

c. ping www.zuora.com

ii. Provide troubleshooting details to Zuora support (including results from (i) above).
  1. Scope - describe scope of impact.
     a. Environment (production, sandbox, tenantid)
     b. Frequency of issue (intermittent, constant)
2. Examples showing issues
     a. Steps to reproduce if possible
     b. Error(s) received (full output)
  3. Logs and other details should show the following
     a. Date/Timestamp (including time-zone)
     b. Full payload of API request and response including HTTP headers (SOAP API envelope or REST API JSON outside of your API code)
     c. External IP address of integration receiving errors or API username if unique to this integration

Why is so much detail important?

In order to diagnose potential performance or API issues, it's very important for us to have your full context and to show Zuora full visibility on our review of your issue.  Without this information, it is very difficult for Zuora determine scope and source of an issue and/or to pull details from our own logs of your traffic for additional review, or work with our Internet content delivery network partner to triage your issue. In the API issue context, while showing your code exception is useful, it only provides part of the picture.  To fully understand your issue, we need to see not only the error but what you actually are sending to Zuora which is why full payload request-and-response is relevant.  

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √