Happy Business Starts Here

How to update a field to blank or empty by removing value via Zuora Connect API Loader

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

How to update a field to blank or empty by removing value via Zuora Connect API Loader

Problem: We want to set the value to blank or empty by removing "AdditionalEmailAddresses" field on multiple accounts. However, I prepared the file and leave a blank value for "AdditionalEmailAddresses" field empty(see below), and although the process says it is successful, it does not do the update. What am I doing wrong?

null4.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Re: Cannot remove value from fields via Zuora Connect

Answer: To update a field into blank or empty value, you will need to use fieldsToNull option to set records to NULL via API.

For API Loader using an excel file, you can prepare your spreadsheet with the two columns:

• The first column's header is fieldsToNull. Fill out this column with the API Field Name (e.g., AllowInvoiceEdit, CrmId, CustomField__c, etc.)
  • The second column's header is Id. Fill out this column with Id of the corresponding API Object records.

null3.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Answer: To update a field into blank or empty value, you will need to use fieldsToNull option to set records to NULL via API.

For API Loader using an excel file, you can prepare your spreadsheet with the two columns:

• The first column's header is fieldsToNull. Fill out this column with the API Field Name (e.g., AllowInvoiceEdit, CrmId, CustomField__c, etc.)
  • The second column's header is Id. Fill out this column with Id of the corresponding API Object records.

null3.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Tutor

Thanks. It works perfectly. You can update other fields even while blanking out certain fields. Below sample is to update trigger event to "Upon Service Activation" from "Upon a Specific Date" and then deleting the value in TriggerDate column.

IDTriggerEventfieldsToNull
xxxxxxServiceActivationTriggerDate
xxxxxxServiceActivationTriggerDate