Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

How to get last month data in ZOQL

Hello All,

I'm using Python to connect to zuora and get data . 1st of every month , I need to get data for the last month . I want to automate my script so that if I ran this any time it should go to last month and filter for that month only.

I have this script in python to get last month first and last day.

import time
import datetime
now = time.localtime()
last = datetime.date(now.tm_year, now.tm_mon, 1) - datetime.timedelta(1)
first = last.replace(day=1)

Now I want to pass values from first and last variables to ZOQL ..as shown below ..but it's not working , any suggestions or any other better alternate ways to get last month data only .

create_export_Invoice_Item = "{\n \"Format\": \"csv\", \n \"Name\": \"Z_II\", \n \"Query\": \"select * from InvoiceItem where Invoice.InvoiceDate >= 'first' and Invoice.InvoiceDate <= 'last' and Invoice.Status = 'Posted'\", \n \"Status\": \"Processing\", \n \"Zip\": false\n}"

Today I'm passing values like this by changing every month before I run my python script

create_export_Invoice_Item = "{\n \"Format\": \"csv\", \n \"Name\": \"Z_II\", \n \"Query\": \"select * from InvoiceItem where Invoice.InvoiceDate >= '2018-12-01' and Invoice.InvoiceDate <= '2018-12-31' and Invoice.Status = 'Posted'\", \n \"Status\": \"Processing\", \n \"Zip\": false\n}"

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: How to get last month data in ZOQL

Hi @myzuora!

@bolaurent has done a lot with Zuora and Python. Have you checked out some of her posts in the Community (see list here)?

Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne
Valued Scholar

Re: How to get last month data in ZOQL

Thanks .I don't find the required answer in those posts..