Happy Business Starts Here

Support SME

How do I mass update the Product Catalog?

Question:

How can I mass update the Product Catalog? E.g. I'd like to change the value of priceChangeOption from NoChange to UseLatestProductCatalogPricing for a subset of products.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: How do I mass update the Product Catalog?

Answer:

1., Execute a Data Source Export on the ProductRatePlanCharge data source using the following options (also adding Product.Name and ProductRatePlan.Name from the joined data sources for better visibility, you can use filters as needed):

export.jpg

2., Load the resulting CSV into Excel, identify the charges need to be updated, remove everything that's not needed, only leaving the ProductRatePlanCharge.Ids that need to be changed.

3., Load the list of IDs to a text editor like Notepad++ that has column editing features so you can edit multiple rows

4., Insert the following in front of every ID

<ns1:zObjects xsi:type="ns2:ProductRatePlanCharge"><ns2:Id>

And the following after every ID:

</ns2:Id><ns2:PriceChangeOption>UseLatestProductCatalogPricing</ns2:PriceChangeOption></ns1:zObjects>

5., So finally, your text editor will look something like this:

prpc.jpg

6., Please note how I wrapped it in <ns1:update> and </ns1:update>, so it can be pasted to the Connect task.

One update() call can handle up to 50 zObjects, so be sure to wrap every 50 rows in <ns1:update> and </ns1:update>

Supporting references:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/G_SOAP_API/E_SOAP_API_Calls/update_call

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Scholar

Hi Viktor,

Am trying to mass update product plan charge bill cycle day. I have tried all the steps and  stuck at 6 step. can you please clarify about connect task.

so it can be pasted to the Connect task.

One update() call can handle up to 50 zObjects, so be sure to wrap every 50 rows in <ns1:update> and </ns1:update>

Thanks

srikanth

Valued Scholar

Hi Viktor,

Can i use this method to update the prices for all different currencies in product catalog ? e.g. i want to change $1 in USD and EUR 0.90... to $1.15 USD and EUR 1.00