Happy Business Starts Here

Get Transaction Invoices : Gap between documentation and service

Highlighted
Honor Student

Get Transaction Invoices : Gap between documentation and service

Hi,

According to the documentation and the corresponding swagger file, the "Get Transaction Invoice" service returns a list of invoices for a specific account. And for each invoice, links to the invoice items and to the invoice files.

But when we try to call the service, instead of links, we retrieve a list of invoice items and a list of invoice files :

{
    "invoices": [
        {
            "id": "xxx",
            [...]
            "invoiceItems": [
                {
                    [...]
                }
            ],
            "invoiceFiles": [
                {
                    [...]
                }
            ]
        }
    ],
    "success": true
}

According to this part of the documentation, invoiceItems have been moved to the invoice container in version 207.0. But the documentation as well as the swagger file don't seem to be up to date. As we manage to generate our Zuora client dynamically using the swagger file, it causes some troubles.

Do you confirm that this gap exists ? Is there a way to call a specific version of the API or/and retrieve a specific version of the swagger file ?

Thank you !

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Zuora Support
Zuora Support

Re: Get Transaction Invoices : Gap between documentation and service

I already engaged our Doc team. Will update once I have some news.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Get Transaction Invoices : Gap between documentation and service

Hi jhervy, 

There is a permission called "Return invoice item reference in GET invoices REST" in our backend. If the tenant was created before Zuora Release 228 (R228), July 2018, the value of 'Return invoice item reference in GET invoices REST' is OFF by default. The tenants created after July 2018, the default value is ON instead. Here is the reference in our developer center. Please reach out to zuora customer support via support.zuora.com and raise a support ticket to request turn on this permission. Reference https://www.zuora.com/developer/api-reference/#operation/GET_TransactionInvoice

API_Reference_-_Developer_Center_-_Zuora2.png

The below explanation will only work for Preview Subscription and Update Subscription. Get invoices is not related. 

API_Reference_-_Developer_Center_-_Zuora.png

We only provide the latest yaml file. We are sorry for the inconvenience. 

Regards,
Yong Xiang | yxiang@zuora.com
Application Support Engineer | Zuora Inc.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √